By Michael L. Kilday
Read Online or Download A Yippies Lament PDF
Similar philosophy criticism books
The ultimate quantity of Singer's trilogy discusses rules approximately love within the paintings of writers starting from Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Tolstoy to Freud, Proust, D. H. Lawrence, Shaw, and others within the modern world.
What function do metaphors play in philosophical language? Are they impediments to transparent considering and transparent expression, rhetorical prospers which could good support to make philosophy extra obtainable to a lay viewers, yet that ought preferably to be eliminated within the pursuits of terminological exactness? Or can the pictures utilized by philosophers let us know extra concerning the hopes and cares, attitudes and indifferences that keep an eye on an epoch than their rigorously elaborated platforms of suggestion?
Ethical pictures of Freedom resurrects the Kantian venture of affirmative political philosophy and lines its oft-forgotten impacts present in thinkers akin to Martin Heidegger, Ernst Cassirer, Frantz Fanon, and Walter Benjamin. Drucilla Cornell responds to nihilistic claims in regards to the empty goal of severe idea in a global so totally captured by means of violence in all of its worst kinds: fiscal, social, political, and cultural.
Simon Susen examines the influence of the 'postmodern flip' at the modern social sciences. at the foundation of an leading edge five-dimensional procedure, this learn presents a scientific, finished, and significant account of the legacy of the 'postmodern turn', particularly when it comes to its carrying on with relevance within the twenty-first century.
- Justice and the Social Contract: Essays on Rawlsian Political Philosophy
- Mimesis, Desire, and the Novel: Rene Girard and Literary Criticism (Studies in Violence, Mimesis, & Culture)
- Event Universe (Crosscurrents Eup)
- How to Think About Weird Things: Critical Thinking for a New Age, 7th edition (Philosophy & Religion)
- Volume 18, Tome V: Kierkegaard Secondary Literature: Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, and Polish: 5 (Kierkegaard Research: Sources, Reception and Resources)
- Marxism and the Critique of Value
Extra resources for A Yippies Lament
A Yippies Lament by Michael L. Kilday