By John Rundell
Read Online or Download Aesthetics and Modernity: Essays by Agnes Heller PDF
Similar philosophy criticism books
The ultimate quantity of Singer's trilogy discusses rules approximately love within the paintings of writers starting from Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Tolstoy to Freud, Proust, D. H. Lawrence, Shaw, and others within the modern world.
What function do metaphors play in philosophical language? Are they impediments to transparent considering and transparent expression, rhetorical prospers which can good support to make philosophy extra available to a lay viewers, yet that ought preferably to be eliminated within the pursuits of terminological exactness? Or can the pictures utilized by philosophers let us know extra concerning the hopes and cares, attitudes and indifferences that keep watch over an epoch than their rigorously elaborated platforms of proposal?
Ethical photographs of Freedom resurrects the Kantian undertaking of affirmative political philosophy and strains its oft-forgotten impacts present in thinkers corresponding to Martin Heidegger, Ernst Cassirer, Frantz Fanon, and Walter Benjamin. Drucilla Cornell responds to nihilistic claims concerning the empty objective of severe conception in a global so completely captured via violence in all of its worst types: monetary, social, political, and cultural.
Simon Susen examines the influence of the 'postmodern flip' at the modern social sciences. at the foundation of an leading edge five-dimensional procedure, this learn presents a scientific, accomplished, and important account of the legacy of the 'postmodern turn', particularly by way of its carrying on with relevance within the twenty-first century.
- Color Ontology and Color Science (Life and Mind: Philosophical Issues in Biology and Psychology)
- Janusz Korczak, Precursor Dos Direitos Da Criança (Portuguese Edition)
- Mental Reality (Representation and Mind series)
- Philosophy of Biology: A Contemporary Introduction (Routledge Contemporary Introductions to Philosophy)
- Kant's 'Religion within the Boundaries of Mere Reason': A Reader's Guide (Reader's Guides)
- Key Thinkers from Critical Theory to Post-Marxism (SAGE Politics Texts series)
Additional info for Aesthetics and Modernity: Essays by Agnes Heller
Aesthetics and Modernity: Essays by Agnes Heller by John Rundell